Grishko DreamPointe: First Impressions



They made it!  My pair of Grishko DreamPointe shoes were delivered today and I'm stoked about it!  I haven't sewn them yet, but they fit just like my standard Grishko 2007, as they are built on the same last!

Top
The Suede tip isn't stock, I had that added on at an additional cost.  









 













First Impressions:
I ordered the same size I buy in the standard 2007 or 2007 PRO-- 7.5, XXX width, with the hardest shank available (called HF).  
  • Fit:  Just like the Grishko 2007, including heel shape, wings, vamp length
  • Box:  Hard as a rock!  I'm not positive I'll be able mold this very much during break in process.
    • Note-- I'm unsure at this time if the box is synthetic like the shank.
  • Shank:  Seems very hard yet flexible.  When bent, the shank bounces back to it's starting point. 
    • Note-- Shank is pre-arched, but not as dramatically as the Gaynor Minden shank (I consider this a plus!)
  • Lining:  The interior sole has a nice plush, velvety feel to it.  There is also an extra, soft pad at the tip.  
    • Note-- The entire shoe doesn't have a special lining, just the interior sole and the platform/tip.  The part of the box that touches the tops of the toes, sides and heel are standard canvas.  


Interior



I'll be using them tomorrow in class, I'll definitely write up a review and share how everything works out!  I'll try to post a vid if I can, too.  

Oh, and just for fun, here's my current heel grab, I'm pretty excited about it!  



More later!

-RB


Comments

Popular Posts