A few pics

Went to the gym again today, and had the studio mostly to myself.  It's really hard to come up with combinations to work on by yourself.  Most of my videos are pretty boring as I work out some combinations and try to come up with other things to work on.

I know the standard pattern of a ballet class, and I stuck to that for about 20 minutes, but when I was working on center exercises I started to draw a blank.  I am going to put together some workouts that utilize both the gym equipment and studio time with dance to make the most of my gym visits.  I do have that "100 Lessons in Classical Ballet" book I bought and never used, that will be a good start.  When I finish writing them out I'll post them.  :) 

Right before I was ready to leave I decided to try a couple of leaps.  I'm surprised and pleased with what I see here.  I am definitely not perfect, and I totally acknowledge that.  I need to really stretch that back leg higher (and I know I can) and point the foot, and fix my head & arms.  My arms have never been spectacular in leaps, I usually look a little awkward.  LOL!  I've been asking my ballet instructor to work on leaps in class, but it's not something we do often.  Keeping up with my splits practice will help!  

Overall I'm happy with my front leg and the height I got in my leap.  (Sorry, it's a video still)



This one is kind of fun, I was on the downward swing from a fouete.  My arms are totally crazy as they are swinging down.  Wish that left foot was pointed... that's something I need to think about more, pointing my toes during jumps and leaps on the foot that'll land first.  



Just had to share.  :)  

L

Comments

  1. Wow! You've got some great air. Videos are so nice to see where you're at in things, I need to make a few more this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts