Signed away my soul for a $10 gym membership....

I may regret it down the line, but I toured the local 24/7 cheap gym yesterday and ended up joining.  The membership is 10 dollars a month, which I find to be extremely reasonable.  Especially considering I need to figure out how to pay for 4 recital costumes this year.....  c'mon tax return!

I toured the gym, and I was both excited and a little skeeved out.  Excited because while it's small, it has plenty of machines and a dance studio that only has a few classes a week.  Skeeved out, well this gym doesn't offer the antibacterial sprays to wipe down the machine after you are done.  So countless sweaty people held onto the same machine handles before me.  Next time I'm bringing a little packet of wipes.  I've had fairly limited exposure to the flu going around this year working from home, and I don't want to get it from the gym.  Bleh!   I also learned that the gym is moving into a much larger building in a month offering a pool and saunas and such, and it will be closer to my house.

I hit up 20 mins on the elliptical for cardio and wandered into the studio to do some practice, and a Zumba class was just starting.  I used to go to Zumba a lot back in the day, so I tried the class again.  It was really fun and much easier to remember the combinations now that I'm back to dance!

The elliptical machine isn't one I enjoy.  I'd much rather run on the treadmill, but I don't want to risk hurting my knees so I went with elliptical.  I found I was able to comfortably go for 20 minutes straight at a brisk pace without getting super winded, that was a nice surprise!

I'm excited.  I don't do resolutions, but I think this will be the push I need to really continue toning up to improve in the dance studio.


Oh, and a quick update on my chatty cathy situation-- the director has asked if I'd help demonstrate combinations in the classes she teaches, and possibly assist in her 5-7 ballet class on Saturdays which is pretty cool!  When I assist I'll be out of cathy's chatting range, so win win!

Not a shabby way to ring in 2014.  Happy New Year everyone and may you have much happy dancing in 2014!

-L

Comments

  1. What a nice way to ring in the New Year! I haven't signed up for the gym, but am upping my dance arsenal over the next six months and aiming to take 4 ballet classes, 2 modern and a Pilates class. Congrats on the hour of helping demonstrate, and the resolving of the chatty cathy situation. I'm waiting for classes to see if my distracting dancer comes back in the New Year, and then figure out what to do from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man are you lucky, I'd LOVE to take 4 ballet classes a week! It's really difficult to find one studio in my area that offers adult classes/accepts adults into their teen program multiple times a week! And most of the studios that do accept adults all hold their classes on the same day/time. I don't mind modern or lyrical, but my heart is definitely with ballet. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts