New Pointe Shoes-- Pairs 6 & 7

I had my fitting this morning, and I wound up bringing two pairs home!

The one I'm most excited about is the Russian Pointe Almaz.  I haven't tried this brand yet, and it happens to meet every one of my criteria I was looking for in a shoe.

The size is:

Russian Pointe- Almaz (Jewels Collection)
Size 42
Width 3 (out of 6)
Vamp 2 (Medium)
Shank FM (which means full length and medium strength)

I'm really excited to try these out in class!  Even though the shank is a "medium" in the Russian Pointe standard, it's much stronger than any other shoe I've owned so far.  They offer me good upright support.  Because I have such flexible arches and long toes, I need a harder, full length shank to help me roll through the shoe and offer heel support.  This one is going to take some time to break in, but I think it's going to wind up being a great shoe for me.



The other pair is a little embarrassing to admit.... Grishko 2007 Pro.  I know, I know my last pair of Grishko 2007's were bad.  The fitter looked at my first pair and told me to burn them.  Lol.  I tried on a different size of the Grishko 2007 Pro, and it feels much better.  The new pair also look good on both feet, I don't have any of the shank issues I did with my first pair.  Here they are:

The size is:

Grishko 2007 PRO
Size 8
Width XXX (out of 4)
Shank FM (which means full length and medium strength)


Both shoes fit me well, and will look much nicer with ribbons & elastic.  Working on that tonight, luckily I'm approaching expert mode for sewing pointe shoes, so it shouldn't take too long.  Sad, right?  LOL! 


Anyways, if you didn't hear the news, on November 15th I'm rolling out a new website called PointePerfect.com.  It's a website where you can learn exactly what your feet are, and what that means in a pointe shoe.  Then, you can enter your foot type into a database and receive a list of pointe shoes that fit your characteristics!  Click the pic below to go to the site.  


Just enter your email into the box and you'll receive an email as soon as the site goes live on Friday November 15th!  

Comments

  1. So what did you change on the Grishkos? Just a different size, or a different width also?
    Maybe it's just the light, but the Russians look like they have a lower profile. Let us know how you got on with them, as I think I tick some similar boxes to you. That said, our three stores in our (more than 1mio people) city don't have the greatest range, and I've had enough issues with my first three pairs that I'm not up to ordering off the net.

    p.s. Have registered for the page. So far, I really like the designs and pictures. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat!

    I went down one width, from a 4x width to a 3x width. The length is the same, but it's really different compared to the first pair. The platform is smaller. I also have a Medium shank now instead of a Super Soft.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts