Holy Cannoli!

Well I got my splits lastnight in ballet class!  Right splits, that is.  I can't sit in them without a little support from my arms, but about 1/2 inch more and I'll be there!  I've got about 2.5 - 3 more inches on the left, but I never did have perfect left splits.

Pardon the very cheesy grin, but I was super excited to learn that I suddenly could get down almost the whole way.  :D




I need to keep working on the hip flexors & IT band.  I wasn't making much progress for a long time until I realized that I'm plenty flexible in the legs, but I've got stiffness in the hips & IT band.

In my first video I made back in September, I was many more inches off the ground and I had to lean forward a lot.  This is because when the IT band & hips are tight, the leg to the back has a hard time stretching backwards and laying flat against the floor.

I hope to be able to sit in the splits in both directions in a few weeks.  I never ever ever thought I'd be able to do this again!  I'm amazed every day by the things my body can revert back to.

Here are my progression videos:

August:

September:



November (I missed my regular end of October update)



Fun stuff!  I promised I'd do a stretching tutorial outlining what I do to stretch, so I'll do that soon.



In other news, my website (pointeperfect.com) goes live on Friday and I'm freaking out a little bit, but it'll be done during the day.  :)

Thanks for reading and happy dancing!

RB

Comments

Popular Posts