Dead Shoes

This year I've been having the scary thought that I was losing strength in my feet, not gaining strength like I should.  I can't roll from demi pointe to full pointe in my old Grishko 2007's or the Gaynor Mindens.  I was worried that after wearing the Gaynors for a long time, that my feet had lost strength.

Thankfully, I was wrong.  It's just that my Grishkos were beyond dead, and the Gaynors don't have a strong enough shank.

Even with all of the different pairs of shoes I've had, in my opinion I haven't experienced a totally dirty/beat up dead dead dead pair of shoes.  I thought I hadn't worn any of them long enough to kill a pair, except maybe the Capezio Contemporas.  

The fitter last weekend took one look at my Grishko 2007's and said that they were beyond dead.  The normally stiff shank is floppy.  Comparing them to my 2 new pairs, it's obvious to me now.  

I'm happy to report that I haven't lost significant strength in my feet, it's just that I had dead shoes.  I'm able to fully roll through both pairs of new shoes without using the barre as extra oomph, much to my relief!

I can't wait to see how class goes tonight!  

Happy Dancing,

RB


Comments

Popular Posts