BIG BIG NEWS!!

I've hinted vaguely in some of my posts lately that I've got a big project in the works.  It's true and I'm SO excited to finally share it with all of you!

I'm a researcher.  I had a lot of issues with my pointe shoes last year, and I've still not found the perfect pair.  I started researching all of the most common pointe shoes that are offered for sale in my area, Bloch, Capezio & Grishko.  Once I learned how to break down all aspects of my feet into pointe shoe lingo, I started to build a spreadsheet that grew more complex over time.  My goal was to run some formulas to determine which pointe shoes might be best for me to try out during my next fittings.

What I ended up with is an extremely detailed pointe shoe search engine of sorts!  You enter your foot characteristics and the Pointe Shoe Finder eliminates shoes that don't fit your foot type!  Simple as that!


This brainchild is a product of hundreds of hours of studying the mechanics of pointe shoes.  Another couple hundred building the website, and I'm just finishing up the last few touches before it's ready for it's beta release.

I firmly believe that there is a pointe shoe out there for almost everyone.  I also know that there a lot of people out there that have no idea how a pointe shoe should fit or what type of pointe shoe they need.  No offense guys!  :)

PointePerfect.com will go live during the day on Friday November 15th, 2013.  

Here is just a short list of what PointePerfect.com will do for you (it's all free!) on November 15th:


  • Teach you exactly what your foot type is
  • Teach you how your foot type translates to pointe shoe characteristics
  • Allow you to enter those characteristics into the Pointe Shoe Finder and generate a batch of shoes (with photos & descriptions & links to buy!) that offer the shape you need.  
    • Right now all current model pointe shoes in the following brands are included in the Pointe Shoe Finder:  Bloch, Capezio, Gaynor Minden, Grishko
  • Teach you what to expect during a pointe fitting and what to watch for
  • Teach you how pointe shoes should feel
  • Teach you proper padding technique
  • Provide articles, pictures, and video to learn from
  • Browse pointe shoes, leave reviews of your past experiences, read reviews from fellow dancers

PointePerfect.com has big big plans and too many future features to build right now!  Upcoming features will include:

  • PointeNation:  For everyone in the dance world! 
    • Directors:  List your studio, post announcements, create groups of students, join discussions, post job openings & advertise your studio
    • Teachers/Choreographers:  Track your student's pointe shoes, create groups, advertise your recitals, find jobs
    • Parents:  Find a studio, sell/list costumes & equipment, learn about pointe fitting
    • Students:  Connect with friends, join groups, ask questions, have fun!  

I'll be constantly working to add additional brands & models of shoe to the database.  I mostly just want to make it easy for everyone to dissect the mad, mad world of pointe shoes! 

So, check out pointeperfect.com.  Enter your email into the box on the page.  You'll get an email as soon as the site goes live, so you can check it out!  



I've also put together a facebook page, but it just went live today.  I'll be posting regular updates about the site, along with witty things, trivia, contests, and much more!


Comments

  1. I am speechless...this is beyond amazing. What a great idea!!!
    I'm definitely signing up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts