Working my Grishko 2007's

Since I tried on my original pointe shoes (Grishko 2007's) the other night to take example photos for the "Over the Box" post, I have wondered if there is anything I can do to fix those weird shoes.

Before:
There is no doubt that these shoes are not quite right, but I spent a good hour working the shank....
really hard to try and get them to break lower in the arch.  The shoe I've been wearing on the left foot actually looks decent, but the right shoe is really still quite weird looking.  I am able to get over the box now, but it's still a much more closed 2nd than where I know I can be.  Here we go:



 After:



I'm going to take a pliers and try to soften the demi area.  It just doesn't break low enough for my arch.

 Here's a vid:


I actually really like the support these shoes give me in the metatarsal.  I feel very stable on them and much more upright than the Gaynors.  They are pretty comfortable with minimal padding needed, just not quite right. 

Comments

Popular Posts