Ballet Is Fun Turnboard

So I bought the "Ballet Is Fun Turnboard", and I've used it a few times.  I promised I'd post a video, but I'm nooooot quiiite ready for that yet!  This thing is.... enlightening, to say the least!  I've pulled a few decent triples to the left, but to the right I can't get a single.  It's just so frustrating, because I used to do them in this direction no problem!

Wait, I have a theory!  (I always have a theory)

When I started back, at first I was landing halfway decent singles to the right, with the occasional really nice one.  Left was a little harder, but still I could do it.  Now they are totally opposite, I've improved one and killed the other.  Throughout my last year en pointe, I really struggled with my left foot and ankle.  Every pair of shoes I bought was worse on my left side.  I never trusted myself to do pique turns to the left or arabesques in the center on my left foot because I felt as though I'd fall every time.

Practicing tonight. 


That foot is less flexible than...
my right foot.  I push way over my right foot without realizing it.  Part of it is because my current pair of Gaynor Mindens are just not hard enough for my flexible but strong feet.  I need to order one more pair, and then I should be fine for a long time if all goes well! 

Back to my original point, I think I gave myself a complex about anything concerning that left foot/ankle.  I don't think it's as weak as it seems. 

Side note, my feet are creepy looking! 

Comments

Popular Posts