I've got the funk

That's right, I've got the funk.  Do you have the funk? 

You know, the post-recital funk.  Up to and right after the last performance, I had big plans to take a bunch of summer classes and continue to improve.  I haven't been to a class since my ultra-beginner class last week.  My pointe shoes have been in my car since the recital!  Gah this isn't good.

I made a lot of progress, and I know how bad one week can be in terms of regressing to bad habits.  I have a barre in my house that I built, but I need to fill it with sand or something, it's too light.  I have been stretching occasionally, but I still want to improve my flexibility.  I've also secretly been indulging in old food habits... too much fast food and a LOT of KitKat bars.  They are so good though! 

I think, to be honest, I was just really tired.  And sore, oh, yes the soreness was bad and lasted for a couple weeks.  I'm not sore anymore, but I did get a cold and I've been super lazy.  This is bad, this is what I always do!  Unacceptable.


I bought that book, 100 Lessons in Classical Ballet-- now would be a good time to pick that up and start using it as I intended.  I've got the pointe shoes that fit right, and performing showed me I can do a lot better during my classes. 

Alright, I suppose I'll get off my arse and get moving again!!  If you are also stuck in the funk, I hope you find your way out.  :)

Happy Dancing!

Comments

Popular Posts