Threw my back out.... uh oh!! Recital in 2 weeks!!

Sooooo I definitely threw my lower back out.... hard.  It hurt yesterday, but this morning when I woke up I couldn't even walk.  I called every chiropractor in the area and unfortunately there is nobody available on the Sunday during Memorial Day Weekend. 

This is really not good, I've got the recital in 2 weeks and it's a doozy.  Lots of leaps/spins/hiphop/contemporary moves and my whole long pointe number.  I need a chiropractor ASAP!!  This is the last thing I need right now. 

I'm surprised that this happened, I've been without any back pain at all the whole time I've been back to dancing.  I've toned up all over the place, and I've been silently thanking dance for taking away my back pain.  I think I just pushed it too far these last few weeks.  I've got 7 hours of class packed into 3 eveningts.  My last class of my 7 hour run is pointe, and I was extremely exhausted in class this past Wednesday, but I performed as if I was on stage like 5 times in a row.  It was just draining and so tiring.  I didn't know it was possible to be that sweaty!! 

I think it's just the point in recital prep where it's just drilling and refining the smaller issues to be stage ready.  We ran every number over and over and over for every class, it was so much.  I'm really glad for this Memorial day weekend, having an extra day to recover helps, I just wish I had access to a chiropractor today.  I need a chiro and a massage. 

Oh well, hopefully I can recover and get back to dancing in time for the performances! 

Thanks for reading, and happy dancing!

Comments

Popular Posts