Found my groove!

Tonight in pointe class I found my groove.  I had no fear.  I smiled, I remembered the entire routine, I breathed.  I made several mistakes with timing, but I kept up.  My arms were in the general vicinity of where they needed to be.  It was weird!  I didn't need to take frequent breaks because my feet were uncomfortable. 

Unfortunately, we are 2 rehearsals to dress.  Bummmer, I won't have another class until September.  Technique classes yes, which isn't a bad thing.  I found a local studio offering several different classes I'd like to take 5 days per week.  Working only on technique for 2 months can't hurt anything.  The repetition will probably help me lose that last 20 lbs. 

I feel great having finally gained confidence with this piece.  It was oddly magical, which is cheesy I know. 

Well, happy dancing!

Comments

Popular Posts