Falling Down

Well, I finally did it.  And by it, I mean falling on my ass in the middle of rehearsal.  It hurt, it was embarrassing, and I cried.

We were doing a combination, not hard, not super fast, but we were doing a move I haven't done away from the barre yet.  Spring up onto arabesque onto pointe single footed.  I went for it, and I think my ankle sickled a little and I went straight over my shoe and fell.  I definitely twisted my ankle and messed my knee up a little bit.

Surprise surprise, my shoes are mostly dead feeilng.  I love the way the Capezios fit me, but they are dying so fast on me.  These Contemporas were very soft when I first got them, and I had to jet glue the entire interior of the box.  I can feel my toes sinking into the platform, it's like I"m wearing a hole in them with my big toe.

I'm going to order a pair of custom gaynors.  I know what kind of feet I have now, and I know what I need in a shoe after my current shoe saga.  I think my teacher will think I'm nuts for getting another pair of shoes, but I need something that will give me the support and not die in 2 weeks.  I got some hard spots when I glued my current shoes, and I have to wrap my arch and instep in tape or I get really bad blisters.

The saga never ends.  I've got ideas on how to remedy that issue and potentially help other people out too.  More on that later.

Happy Dancing,

Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts