My Unexpected Inspiration

The show "Dance Moms" made me remember dance. It's completely drama-tastic, but it's amazing what those girls can do!



Those little girls are freaking incredible dancers, and it really had me reminiscing about my days in the ballet studio.  I started to wonder if any local studios offer adult remedial dance classes.  Several in the area do, so I contacted the most local (and best reviewed) dance studio.  I emailed the director back and forth all summer, and decided to enroll in the fall semester.


Time went by, and suddenly I got an email last week from the director reminding me that class starts on Wednesday September 12th!  CRAP!  I wanted to prepare, but I'm a procrastinator. I had hoped to take advantage of my unused but still monthly deducting gym membership to get in shape a little bit, but I totally failed at that idea. 

Since I was reminded of the first day of class, I've started doing some simple stretches and strengthening exercises that I remember from my old ballet days.

In all reality, I remember a great deal of my previous training.  My body betrays me on the advanced moves, and my muscle stamina is probably 1/10th of what it used to be, but my flexibility is about 50% and I think I can increase both quickly if I do some exercises each day.  Oddly enough, my ankles are quite strong, no sickling happening at all!

So, thank you Dance Moms for the inspiration.  You are a ridiculous show!

-FB









Comments

Popular Posts