Feel The Burn!

Whew I can sure tell today that the muscles in my left calf are a bit weaker than my right!

Its Monday and my first class is Wednesday.  I'm confident I won't be in any pain, but I can feel the dull ache of exercise in my legs. My ankles feel great, and so do my arches, but my calves are a bit sore, probably from all of the plie action I had going on this weekend.

So as I sit here in my office taking a break from the Monday morning madness at work, I can't help but think there are exercises I can do at work to keep moving and increase the speed in which I tone up. Here's what I came up with.

1.  Ankle rolls: to 'warm up' at your desk, slowly rotate your ankles one at a time. 

I feel this will help increase my ankle flexibility.


2.  With knees bent at a 90 degree angle, and feet flat on the floor, do a simple releve onto the ball of your foot, with primary emphaisis on keeping your foot and ankle straight through the whole movement. 

I feel this will help me improve muscle memory. The more times I practice not "sickling" my feet and ankles, the easier it will become as I progress.


3.  Scissor leg lifts wth a pointed foot:  I sit in the same position as exercise two and lift one leg at a time slowly. As I extend my foot I slowly with emphaisis on straight, I point my toes.

I can feel this in my core and in my legs.


4.  The Microwave Barre:  throughout the day I have to get up and run around the office talking to people, grabbing stuff off of the printer, etc. The stopping and standing at the microwave, sink, copier, fax, etc are perfect opportunities to do some simple barre work. Run through the 5 positions, do some rond de jambes,practice going into releve, etc!


Any extra time is time you can get some simple practice in. :)


Happy dancing!

Comments

Popular Posts