Ordered: Grishko Dreampointe... from Greece!

Hey all,

Just a quick update!

I bought a pair of Grishko 2007 Pros in a hard shank back in August for pointe this season, and they have lasted much longer than any of my other pairs.  They are still decent in class, but starting to get a little mushy and the shank is wearing out and looking a little strange.  They have some life yet and will last a few more classes with some gluing, but I am going to be needing a new pair pretty quick here.

A few months ago I was complaining that I wished I could get a mix of the 2007 and a Gaynor Minden shoe... shape of the 2007 and the durability of the GM.  A few readers were awesome enough to point me towards the Grishko Dream Pointe, and I've kept that idea in the back of my brain for a while now.

I was never able to find a distributor in the US that sells this model, so I never took the plunge... until now, of course!  I was *this* close to reordering the GMs in the Hard shank, but I'm still not positive it'll be hard enough.  I know the Grishko 2007 is my preferred shoe now, and after finding a site that offers free international shipping from Greece, I decided to go ahead and order them today.

It's pretty cool, the company also offers some various services to install these nifty Grishko suede or leather tips on any pair of shoes you buy from them, so I decided to try out that service as well, buying the suede tips.

I'm really excited about this shoe.  There aren't too many reviews on the actual construction, or even photos of the inside of the shoe or the shank, but since they are built on the 2007 last they should fit just fine, even if the special shank doesn't last as long as I hope.

So, hopefully this shoe will be the answer to my ongoing pointe shoe saga.  I'm super excited to get them, and I'll definitely post reviews as soon as possible!

Have a good one!

-L

Comments

  1. hi, I dance since semptember on dreampointe shoes.I saw the ad on the grishko site and searched were i could buy them. My local shop said they could order them but i had to wait for months. too long! I searched on the internet and i found best pointe ( i think the .same site as you ordered them) and three weeks later i got them. they are wonderfull to dance. BUT they aren't the same size as 2007. they are much smaller. normally i use a thick padding in my 2007, now in the same size i can only use a thin gelpadding. but it is ok. i don't need a thicker padding. although my new pair that i have already ordered is a size bigger. the shoe has a soft tissue on the inside, a big difference with the hard inside of 2007. The shank is really nice. i always danced on green bag gm's and hard 2007's. for me it really works but it isn't really a gm sole. It feels totally different, much harder( but softer than 2007, you can dance well on them from the first time), but its like on the end of the class they feel softer, and next time you put them on they are again stiff. but they last now 3 months and still dance perfect. For me they are dream shoes. i hope for you too...
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it! It is Best Pointe that I also found, I already emailed the owner to go up a size in length from a 7.5 to an 8, hopefully that helps. It sounds like the extra padding inside reduces the need for heavy padding? Fingers crossed.

      I'm really excited to try them out, I also take a hard in the 2007 and would take a green bag in GM. I couldn't find any photos of the inside of the shoes, even on the Grishko websites, so it's a bit of a mystery to me now. Can't wait to get them!

      Thanks again,

      Lindsay

      Delete
  2. hi, i just tried to make a photo of the inside but you can't see it. It feels very soft, i have a blanket in a thin sort of polar fleece and it feels the same. And under the tissue there is a thin layer of foam. really thin but i think it also helps a little. In the top there is also a thicker foam. only the size of the platform. i used pads like this http://www.lepapillon.net/footwear/benodigdheden/1921/teenbeschermers now i use pads like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointe_shoe#mediaviewer/File:Pointe_shoe_toe_pads.jpg. greetings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts