First week back! :)

It's finally here!  It's finally here!!

Today I finished up my first week of classes back after summer break.  I'm happy to say that I can walk today, and I consider that a success!  LOL!

I'm taking 6 classes and assisting with 3 this year.  I pretty much live at the studio now and I love it.

Monday brings the Advanced Jazz and Lyrical classes.  Jazz was a blast, but I was a little miffed when the instructor asked for triple pirouettes right away the first day!  I haven't done a clean triple in my life, and last time I was practicing them was about 13 years ago!  I downgraded mine to doubles and am pleased to say I rocked several solid doubles with good landings.  This is the first time taking classes with this instructor, and I really like her teaching style.  She has us doing very fresh combinations, complicated turn sets, and I'm thrilled to be working under this teacher!  Lyrical was fun, she had us doing some very pretty combinations.

Tuesday is a triple whammy-- Tap, Ballet & Pointe.  Tap was fun, first time tapping in many years.  It's a total beginner class so very easy for me and a little slow paced, but it's got 8 other adults who haven't tapped or danced ever, so it fits.  I'll stick with this group I think, I need to get reacquainted with using my heels to make sound.  :)

Ballet was challenging, and full of all new faces.  Several of our members from last year are in college or the military, so the atmosphere is different.  No lie, by the end of the 3rd barre exercise I was dripping in sweat.  My teacher didn't hold back!!  Pointe was a challenge, she asked us to do several movements we haven't done before, and it was hard!  Our barre was all thigh strengthening exercises and a killer.  I was totally exhausted and at the end of my wits by the end of pointe, but I suffered through.  I also failed to sew my new shoes or trim my toenails.

I was super sore on Wednesday, but I had to go back in to help teach dance basics.  Once we warmed up I was definitely moving better.

seriously
This is one of my favorite dance memes.  SO TRUE

Thursday I woke up having a hard time walking, but there was no time for that!  Contemporary/Modern was Thursday night and it was a great class.  The director gave us a complicated combination, not in steps but it's one of those combinations that mix your brain up a little bit.  Very fun and upbeat!

Friday, I finished work at 5, climbed into bed to read at 6 and fell asleep immediately.  I didn't wake up for 13 hours!  On the plus side, I'm not sore today.

On Saturday I help with two classes, which has been the most rewarding part of the season so far.  It's such a joy to be dancing with the little ones.

And on Sunday we rest.  Or, catch up on all of the cleaning I missed out on this week.


I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo glad to be back.  I just love dance and I feel like this is my year.  I need to pick up some more leotards and tights!

Happiest dancing!! :D

RB

Comments

Popular Posts