Tonight Was Amazing

*sigh*

Tonight was just perfect.  I just love to perform.  Zero nerves, I went out and enjoyed it.  All four numbers were really fun, no major mistakes from anyone.

My whole family came to see the show, along with my boyfriend and several members of his family.  It was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy showing my family what I've been pouring my life into 4 days a week for the last few years.  Why I spend so much of my time in the studio.

I may not be a perfect dancer but I believe I was born to dance in some way.  It's one of my very favorite ways to communicate.
I used to be afraid to dance on stage because it's a silent art.  Growing up I played instruments and sang in choir and show choir. I did marching band and pep band.  I was in musicals and plays. All of those involve being on the stage and putting on shows and competitions, but with lots and lots of sound.  I can hide behind my sound.

Without the necessity of creating sound in a dance performance (well, except tap), the only thing you have to rely on is your body. That's a little scary when you think about it. 

Either way it's such an incredible feeling, having a successful performance.  Putting together what you've learned.

I'm just so thrilled. I finally did something for me, and it feels amazing.

-Happiest when I'm dancing, RB

Comments

  1. Hi there! Just wanted to say congratulations -- it's awesome that you performed your heart out and that your family and friends were there to support you. I've enjoyed reading about your ballet journey and have found your pointe tips helpful -- thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Poetsandpirouettes! I enjoy your blog too :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts