Sass Factor x100

Our pointe number for the recital this year is seriously awesome.  It's a jazzy number with tons of Fosse influence.  We are about halfway done learning the piece and it's a BLAST!

I recorded our rehearsals last night and got some awesome stills.  The 5 of us are already super together and it's surprisingly clean, even the new parts we just learned!  Here's my favorite of the bunch, a good representation of the sass factor.  Lol!


I'm supposed to be in sous-sous, so the right leg needs to come in a lot, but sass-tastic (and daresay a little ass-tastic?  Couldn't help myself there).  I had to share here, I'm afraid of my non-dancer friends are going to start un-friending me on facebook if I keep referring to dance... oops!

I also feel weird posting about weight loss stuff.  I'm really trying hard to increase strength and drop my extra lbs so I can be better at dance.  It's not that I want to be tiny, that's not my goal.  My goals are to have a higher arabesque, the ability to hold a battement above 90* for more than a few seconds.  Tighter, consistent multiple turns.  How is that achieved?  By building all over muscle strength and losing spare weight from the hips to allow for a wider range of motion in arabesque.  And, being so tall I'm naturally going to be heavier than shorter people.  By losing the unnecessary weight, I can reduce the impact on my joints to continue dancing longer.  That's all.  :)

I can't WAIT for this recital.  It's going to be awesome.  Oh, and the Grishko 2007 PRO are also awesome.  I will re-order this shoe!

Comments

Popular Posts