PointePerfect.com Update!

Hello everyone, happy Monday!  I realized I haven't been posting any updates regarding my project, PointePerfect.com lately!

For those of you that don't know, I've spent the last year dissecting all of the different pointe shoe models available in my area in the hopes that I'd find my perfect pair of pointe shoes.  After dissecting all of the Bloch, Capezio, Gaynor Minden and Grishko shoes currently on the market, I looked back to realize that I had a large detailed database of pointe shoe information!  Crazy, I know.  I built a website around my database, which is now the only place to search for pointe shoes based on foot type.  If you haven't seen this graphic before, this is how each aspect of your foot impacts the fit of your pointe shoes:


Nuts, right?

I launched on November 15th 2013, and I've steadily been streamlining and adjusting the way the site works.  Since I last updated via this blog, I've added all Prima Soft & Russian Pointe models to the Pointe Shoe Finder!

Current Searchable Shoes:

Bloch
Capezio
Gaynor Minden
Grishko
Prima Soft
Russian Pointe

We've also revamped our reviews & rating system-- our main goal is to learn precisely which foot type each shoe is made for!

I've also added a few additional features and articles to browse through.  One feature I'm excited to share are Sample Foot Types, which are images like this:



If any of you would be willing to take a few minutes to head over to the site to fill out our Dancer Survey, we'd really appreciate it.  It's a quick 5 minute survey where we are looking to gather more information about foot type vs. shoe fit.  Also, if you'd like to submit a picture of your own feet, we'll take your image and turn it into a Sample Foot Type like the image above!

Today I posted an article about taking pointe shoe reviews with a grain of salt.  Click below to head over and read!


I'll be adding shoes by the following makers into the database this week:

Suffolk
Freed
Gamba
Chacott
So Danca
Merlet
Repetto


Please head over when you've got some time to burn!  Have a great week, and Happy Dancing! 

RB

Comments

  1. I can't get your Pointe perfect website to open. Is it down or is my phone just being mean?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts