Active

I'm sorry for not posting my piece on the joys of the foam roller.

Yesterday afternoon I learned that my grandfather had passed away.  I was very sad to hear the news, losing someone is never easy, but I am happy that he lived a very full life.

My grandpa lived to be 94 years old.  He was very active, still cutting down trees with the chainsaw and doing a lot of work outside.  He was a decorated WW2 veteran, who carried the flag in many parades, visited other veterans, and placed american flags on the graves of his fellow soldiers multiple times a year.

Unfortunately they live 3.5 hours away, so I didn't see him as often as I would have liked.  We weren't extremely close, but if there is anything I've learned from him, it's that keeping active is the key to longevity.

I'll miss Grandpa Buck.  He was a good man.

Comments

Popular Posts