Goals & Thumbs

Hey all!

I've been thinking about making a list of goals for the upcoming dance season.  Class resumes in less than 2 weeks, and all good intentions to keep dancing through the summer break failed pretty hard.  I did dance a lot around my house, but nothing serious.

Here is my current list of goals:

1.  Increase flexibility and get my splits back! 

2.  Fix my pirouettes.  I'd like to continue working on my en dehor turns to the left and hit a clean double (or more, I'd be ok with more!!) every time.  My turns to the right are worse, so I'd like to fix that and hit clean singles on this side, working towards doubles.  I can't find the proper axis to turn on to the right! 

3.  Fix my pique en pointe.  I have a bad habit of bending my knee as I'm about to pique up.  It's time to get over it. 

4.  Find my balance.  I can balance decently, but without increasing my core strength and finding that perfect balance point, pointe work and pirouettes will be a lot more difficult.



I think that's a good set of goals going in to the dance season.  I'm extremely excited to start, less than 2 weeks!!

To be completely honest though, one of the biggest things I need to address is my thumb placement.  It sounds weird, but in all of the pictures I saw from the recital, my thumbs are super distracting and wrong.  Look!


Granted a few of these are a little awkward screen shots of videos, but every pic shows my thumb just hanging there.  It's really ugly and I need to try and fix it.  I may resort to taping my thumb to my middle finger to train it to stay in place.

Do you have any goals in place for the upcoming season?  I'd love to hear them!  

Comments

Popular Posts