Gaynor Minden Pointe Shoes: Ordered!

I've been agonizing for weeks over exactly which size of Gaynor Mindens I should order.  My gift from my parents for christmas was 150 on whatever I want, and I chose GM's. 

I had two poor fitting sessions previously.  I live in Milwaukee, and there are ZERO shoppes that carry GM's within a 50 mile radius.  I called and set up an appointment at the closest shoppe, and headed out.  When I got there, they didn't have any remotely my size, and nobody was there to do my fitting for me.  Lovely. 

I found the next closest place, a location in the Chicago area.  It was a great shop!  They didn't have my size either.  I have a size 10 US foot, but their size 11 GM's didn't fit me, they were too short.  This was back in September.  I've been thinking about them ever since, I believe they are the shoe for me.  I'm never going to be an employed professional dancer.  I'm 6'1 which is enormous for a female in the ballet world.  The regular world too, actually.  I'm past the whole "Gaynor Mindens are cheater shoes!" thing.  I really couldn't care less at this point.  I need the most supportive shoe I can get.  If they assist in getting me en pointe, I'm OK with that. 

So I considered every option.  I finally sent a desperate email to the company asking for some advice.  I explained the shape of my feet and the troubles I've had in the past.  I sent some pictures from this blog hoping I wasn't being a complete psycho.  I waited a few days, and got a reply back from one of the fitters on site.  She carefully reviewed all of my information and recommended a specific size to try out.  She recommended:

Size 11.5
Medium Width
Box #4
Extraflex Shank (Yellow Bag)
Sleek vamp & heel


I was a little miffed at the sleek vamp/heel part, but when I inquired about it, she informed me that the sleek vamp is one of their deepest vamps.  I thought about it again for a couple of weeks, and I finally decided to just go for it.  I've ordered the Luxe satin and custom suede tips.  I opted to totally eat up my whole christmas money on the shoes.  I'm absolutely stoked to get them in the mail, I sure hope they fit, because I can't return them for a different size. 

We shall see.  I'll update as soon as I get them! 

Happy Dancing!

-RB





Comments

Popular Posts