More New Shoes..... Ugh

I'm getting really sick of buying shoes!  I've had 4 pairs in 7 months! 

I had to buy a new pair today, I just can't wait until I get my Gaynors in.  I called for a fitting on lunch today, and I ended up picking up a pair of Bloch Serenade.  I was surprised to learn that they fit great!  I wore them in class tonight and I was significantly more confident in the center.  I hate the ribbons I bought, my contemporas have the Prima Soft elastic ribbon, and I love it.  It stays in place and doesn't come undone.  So I need to pick up a pair and re-sew them. 

Class was several breakthroughs in the center on the Serenades.  I was able to balance for more than a second in pique attitude. I was able to pique turn across the whole floor.  I was more precise in my eschappes.  I was able to spring into passe without the barre.  It was truly awesome.  So much more confidence!  I'll post a pic of the new shoes.

I had a big DUH moment though.  I haven't quite figured out how I prefer my padding for these shoes, so it was some experimentation. One thing I need is spacers for my 1st and 2nd toes.  I found one, and couldn't find the other before putting my 2nd shoe on.  I sunk into the box more than I preferred and it was painful on the left.  I was totally confused, as I wore the spacer at the pointe shoppe.  I took off my shoes after class and I found out that both spacers were in the right shoe.  So weird!  I didn't even feel it during class. 





They broke in really nicely, and they were comfortable to wear during class compared to my dead Contemporas!  So much more support.  I also like the shank strength, but I feel like I could go a bit stronger. 


Well, hopefully happier dancing! 

L

Comments

Popular Posts