Lazy Feet

Since I've started recording myself practice, it has become evident that in the quest to improve the flexibility and strength in my left foot, my right foot has become lazy.  Maybe not lazy, but sloppy.  The toe trails along the floor instead of leading.  I need to work on it some more. 

Also, that shoe seems to be breaking in and dying faster than my left shoe.  I think I need to glue them again, I'm getting concerned that I'll need to buy yet another pair of shoes pretty quick.  I can feel the platform of each shoe getting soft and kinda squishy. 


This weekend I practiced moving a bit faster in combinations.  I made up a simple combination to practice that helped me with everything I've been working on individually.  Echappes, passe, sous-sus. 

From 5th:

Sous-sus
Passe close back
Sous-sus
Passe close front (same foot!)
Echappe 4th
Echappe 5th close back
Sous-sus
Echappe 4th (other side)
Echappe 5th close back
Passe close back

Repeat on other leg

It went OK.  There was some spots where one foot didn't fully make it on pointe, but overall I feel good about what I did.  Here's the video:



Try it if you'd like! 

Happy Dancing!

Comments

Popular Posts