Oh Praise Jeebus!!

So I got the Capezio Contemporas in the mail a few days ago, and they are such a relief.  I think I really pulled it off.  I put them on and carefully raised up onto point in front of a mirror.  They don't twist, they actually support my whole foot, there is no big toe pressure, I could almost wear them without any padding.


I did find a couple of cons about the shoe, but I feel I can overcome them.

1.  The shoes seem like they'll stretch out/break in really easily.  Not the shank, but the box feels like it will soften in no time.  I'm going to jet glue the crap out of them to make them last longer before my first class in them.

2.  The platform is smaller than the Arias, so that will take more precision to really balance on them. 

Despite those obstacles (which I feel I can easily prevent), this shoe feels very close to my perfect shoe.  I still think now that I have enough knowledge about my feet to have a pair of gaynor mindens built for me, but after practicing on these shoes after sewing everything on them, I feel I finally have shoes that will allow me to practice on the same level as my classmates.  I think I will really progress at the level I should. 

Time will tell!  I feel so much more comfortable and confident being able to execute moves without being in excruciating pain.  These shoes instantly molded to my foot, I didn't need to break them in at all.  I'm going to jet glue them now, and hopefully post a video.  I'm hoping to build my own barre for my house for easier practice.


One thing I'd like to share are the ribbons I bought for these shoes.  I really hated regular ribbons, they always came loose no matter what I did and they cut off my circulation I had to tie them so tight.  I tried the PrimaSoft Extension Ribbon.  It's like an elastic ribbon, and it's fabulous.  You can tie it the exact tightness you want, and it won't loosen up at all.  It's super comfortable and won't give you Achilles tendonitis.  I love them.



Well, happy dancing! 

Comments

  1. I hope that your new shoes are working. If not, try the Bloch B - morph. It sounds a lot like the description in your previous post. My daughter wears it and it is the best shoe ever for her. She has high, bendy arches and long toes and this shoe is beautiful and supportive. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts